Sunday, November 16, 2014

Yreka High Cross Country team at NSCIF Championships: Miners run away with wins at championships


The Yreka High cross country team had a strong showing at the Northern Section Championships on Thursday at West Valley High School.
The varsity boys team took first in Division 4 and first overall, while the varsity girls team took first in D4 and second overall, as both squads earned berths in the CIF State Championships, which is set for Nov. 29 in Fresno, Calif. Last seasonm the Yreka varsity boys won the State title in Division 4.


Read more: http://www.siskiyoudaily.com/article/20141113/Sports/141119840#ixzz3JGFlDb1p

Keith Conning: Congratulations to Pam Borg from the East Bay, who is the coach of Yreka.

"I started running at age 8 on the San Leandro Certfettes and then in 1970, joined the prestious San Jose Cindergals. I started out as a jumper and baseball thrower until my coach, Augie Argabright had me run with the distance runners and I kept up with them the whole practice. I remained on the club until 1981 watching three Olympians on my team, most notable was Francie Larrieu. It was a great experience to train side by side with such talent. Funny thing is , I didn't realize it until later in life, how good we were- it was just what we did everyday, nothing special. In high school, I took a year off from club competition and competed in cross country, basketball, and track. It was fun, but I missed the higher level of competition and my friends."
http://www.crosscountryexpress.com/2011/10/catching-up-with-yreka-hs-coach-pam.html

No comments: