Sunday, November 16, 2014

State Meet Announcing Procedue

As the CIF State Meet announcer I will introduce all of the individual section champions before each race. Peter Jensen, the Administrative Services Manager in the Office of the District Attorney Santa Clara County, will introduce the teams. Then I will enter the big truck parked near the finish line, which has the computer provided by Sean Laughlin of RecordTiming.com. All the athletes wear computer chips. There will be blue pads at the one mile point. I will be able to announce the top runners with their schools and times at the one mile point and again with one mile to go. I will also announce the team scores twice during each race. I will announce the finishers with their name, school and grade when possible.

All individual section champions should report to the introduction area 15 minutes before each race. The introduction area is located to the east of the starting line.

No comments: