Saturday, November 01, 2014

Scotts Valley team stood to their feet and cheered my daughter

Eric: (Scotts Valley Cross Country Coach)
My daughter does not go to your school. Today when she raced at Pinto Lake she gave up towards the end, where your team took camp. I wasn't expecting to see the act I witnessed. A majority of the Scott's Valley Cross Country team stood to their feet and cheered for my daughter to not give up and keep going. Several encouraging words and cheers for a runner on the opposing team. It was just what she needed to get to the finish line.
The reason I decided to write this letter is because in today's society good behavior goes unrecognized. Your team has made a fan out of me. I will always cheer for my daughters team and as of today I will be on the sidelines cheering for your team as well.
Thank you,
Nickey Dillard
http://cifccs.org/

Keith Conning: Does anyone know what team Nickey Dillard's daughter was on?

No comments: