Wednesday, November 05, 2014

Letter to the Editor

Hello Keith,


My name is Keith Jacobson, I just want to compliment you on your blog. As a former Bay Area resident it's been a challenge trying to follow high school cross country track results from down here in southern California. Dye Stat Cal has been a very good source but primarily covers SoCal so thank you.


Do you know what the heck happened to the DVAL? That league used to have one or two teams that would finish in the top four in the North Coast Section Cross Country meet. (Back in my day). Now there are schools in that league that can't even field a complete team let alone produce an athlete that has a chance to move on to the State Meet. The DFAL looks like it still has decent sports programs. In fact Campolindo looks like it has one of the better programs in the Bay Area. I remember Tom Hale ran for Campolindo when I was a freshman. A group of the area runners trained with him and his former Camolindo coach during the winter break in my senior year, 1974. I used to compete for Ygnacio Valley back in the seventies, when Rich Kimball ran for De La Salle. After leaving YV I was fortunate to be a part of the 74 to 76 Delta College teams coached by Merv Smith and have never lost my love of the sport.


Once again nice job on your blog, thanks.


Best regards,


Keith Jacobson
keith6378@att.net





No comments: