Wednesday, January 18, 2012

How to train for the 1600m - Coaching Track

Start the 2012 track season off right by training with
the great high school 1600m/milers of the past.


I can say that after reading Chuck Bridgman's book it not only has changed my running but it helped me obtain a state title like I always wanted, which is why I would recommend this book to everyone who wants to improve their running or become a state champion.
Michelle Thomas
Ohio State Girls 3200 Champion 2010 and 2011
Ohio State Girls Cross Country Champion 2011

Get the book that tells you how to condition, train, taper and race for the 2012 State title.
Get it now, the training schedule starts in January.

I was asked to speak at the Ohio Track Coaches Clinic and I thought this book would be a great reference about track in Ohio. I am a coach in Michigan and read a lot of track books to help me stay competitive. My book came in the mail on Monday afternoon and I could not put it down until I finished it Monday evening. No matter which training method you prescribe to, this is a powerful tool for anyone interested in coaching track and field. This is a unique opportunity to get into the psyche of so many great athletes all at once. This book compares, contrasts and draws trends from the data in a way that is easy to use for any level coach. In the few days I have had it I have shared this information with several of my athletes and they are just as excited as I am.
Thank you Chuck for this great piece of work,
Dave Emeott - Boys Track Coach
East Kentwood High School Michigan

FREE Shipping in January
More book details here

Ohio High School State Mile Champions
What They Did To Win The State Title

Read How 17 runners conditioned and trained to run a 4:10 1600m

6 month training schedule
10 "Workouts of the Champions"
Winter running requirements
Tapering for State
Complete interviews and more...


"Read it my junior year in high school. My coach showed it to me to get me inspired in the winter. It worked! After reading the great runners in Ohio's past, I really got after it that spring!"
Danny Neff - 2008 & 2009 State 1600m Champ

Buy the Book Now

More information at www.highschooldistancerunning.com

Best of luck running,
Chuck Bridgman

No comments: