Sunday, May 22, 2016

Ella Donaghu (Grant HS, Portland) is going to Stanford

Individually, Grant senior Ella Donaghu won her third straight title at 1,500 meters and her second straight in the 800. Donaghu, the state record holder in the 1,500, covered the distance in 4 minutes, 26.16 seconds, more than 10 seconds behind her best time. She posted 2:11.51 in the 800, and ran the anchor leg as Grant won the final event, the 4x400 relay. Donaghu also won the state cross country championship last fall.
As she prepares to attend Stanford this fall, Donaghu said she’s “ready to be a nobody again” when she competes with the best collegiate runners from around the country.
“To have nobody know who I am and that everyone can beat me, that will make me better,” she said. “I’ve been honored to be a part of Oregon distance running. I hope that I’ve helped to create a culture of hard and gritty racing. There’s some great freshmen coming up.”
http://www.oregonlive.com/trackandfield/index.ssf/2016/05/sunday_morning_news_notes_link_41.html#incart_river_index

No comments: