Monday, May 25, 2015

Kim Conley Season Update



Season Update

Early in the spring I sustained an injury that affected my normal preparation for a track season. Since 2015 is a World Championships year, toeing the line at the US Championships and contending for a spot on the World Team remained of utmost importance to me, and for many weeks I’ve explored every reasonable possibility to get healthy and be race ready.
Recently I’ve turned a huge corner, but my support team still agrees that I will not be ready to race at the end of June. This experience represents uncharted territory for me and has been extremely difficult to come to terms with. My decision to forego the track season as planned has permitted me to regain some perspective on my training and should allow me to put together a much better second half to 2015.

No comments: