Saturday, January 23, 2016

Robyn Stevens (Vacaville HS 2001; University of Wisconsin Parkside; San Jose State) Race Walker

Dear Keith,

Wonderful running into you today! My dad, also, will be glad to know you're still actively a part of the Track & Field/XC circuit. Attached is a photo you requested and the one of us together--I like that one best. :)

Confirmed: The women's qualifying mark for Millrose Games is 8:00 for the Mile. Due to the costly flight and lodging expense, I do not plan to participate in the Millrose Games. My next race will be the IAAF 20k OW Racewalk in Chihuahua, Mex (March 6th) and then the USATF Indoor Nationals in Portland the following weekend (March 12/13th).

You asked me what I consider a highlight of my Junior years: Winning Pan Am Jr. championships even though I was ranked 12th coming into the race. :) I was the first USA Racewalker to ever win a gold at an international championship. It was a magical moment that felt similar to how I imagine I'll feel at an Olympic or World Championship. Seeing the happy tears welling up in Claudia Wilde's and my parents eyes as they announced my name and draped the gold around my neck is a memory I will cherish for eternity.

After stepping entirely away from competitive sports for twelve years and a minor head conclusion, I decided to start racewalking again for the health and fitness benefit. To my surprise, within only four months of returning to training (and my first 20k since my one and only in 2003 that qualified me for the 2004 Trials), I ended up qualifying for my second Olympic Trials and Pan Am Cup Trials and on to PAC Championships in Arica. The past year through present  has been a whirlwind of pleasant surprise and an blissfully reunion with my myself as an elite athlete. I've returned to a healthy mindset and I'm having fun seeing what my body is capable of while maintaining health and balance. :)

I look forward to the next time we meet.

Cheers to health and fitness,

Robyn

Sent from my iPhone
  2 Attached Images

              


About 33,500 results


Web Results

  • Vacaville native Robyn Stevens returns to race walking and ...

    www.thereporter.com/article/NG/20150704/SPORTS/150709952
    Rehabilitation from a new injury led Robyn Stevens to dust off one of her old talents and become an elite national competitor again. The 2001 Vacaville High School ...
  • THE CONNING TOWER: Robyn Stevens (Vacaville HS 2001) takes ...

    theconningtower.blogspot.com/2015/07/robyn-stevens-vacaville-hs...
    Jul 03, 2015 · Rehabilitation from a new injury led Robyn Stevens to dust off one of her old talents and become an elite national competitor again.
  • Robyn Stevens - CA Track and Field Profile

    www.athletic.net/TrackAndField/Athlete.aspx?AID=5750379
    Robyn Stevens - CA Track & Field results and photos on Athletic.net. ... Vacaville HS 2001 Season - 12th Grade: 1600 Meters: 10: 5:12.33a: V P: Jun 1: CIF State ...
  • Race walking a hit with Vacaville graduate Stevens

    www.dailyrepublic.com/...walking-a-hit-with-vacaville-graduate-stevens
    FAIRFIELD — Robyn Stevens likes to walk – really fast. Stevens, a 2001 graduate of Vacaville High who now lives in Mountain View, recently finished fourth at the ...
  • Robert Stevens in Vacaville, CA | Intelius

    www.intelius.com/Find-Phone-Address/Vacaville-CA/Robert-Stevens.html
    Find Robert Stevens in Vacaville, CA age, address history, date of birth, phone number, income, relatives, and more.
  • Services and Affiliations | Robyn Stevens

    www.robyndesign.net/#!service-and-affiliations/c1r78
    RobynDesign, Portfolio of Robyn Stevens: layout design and creative assistance. View my portfolio and learn about Robyn Stevens | RobynDesign
  • Final Outdoor HS Race Walk Rankings

    www.racewalking.org/7501.htm
    Final Outdoor HS Race Walk Rankings: ... 53:19.50 Robyn Stevens (01 Vacaville, CA) 56.21.0 Elizabeth Paxton (01 CA) 56:32.87 Anne Favolise (01 Columbia, ME)
  • The top ten local sports stories of 2015 - The Reporter

    www.thereporter.com/sports/20151226/the-top-ten-local-sports...
    * Vacaville graduate Robyn Stevens returned to race-walking, and took fourth in the women’s 20-kilometer race-walking finals at the United State Track and Field ...
  • USATF - Events - 2006 USATF National Junior Olympic Track ...

    www.usatf.org/events/2006/USATFJuniorOlympicTFChampionships/...
    ... N 25:20.51 2001 Robyn Stevens JO Meet: J 25:20.51 7/21/2001 Robyn Stevens, Vacaville , Name ...
  • USATF - Events - 2006 USA Youth Outdoor Track & Field ...

    www.usatf.org/events/2006/USAYouthOutdoorTFChampionships/results/F...
    Results. 5000 Meter Race Walk Young Women ===== Meet: # 25:20.51 7/25/2001 Robyn Stevens, Vacaville ...
    SEARCH

No comments: