Thursday, August 09, 2012

Manteo Mitchell's post on Facebook

Manteo Mitchell
4 hours ago. (It is now Thursday, August 9 at 12:41 p.m. in Vacaville, Ca. We are eight hours behind London.)
Sad news, for those who don't already know, I suffered a broken tibia bone in my left leg at the 200m mark of my 400 leg in the relay. I still split 45 running with a broken leg so I thank God for allowing me to have enough courage and strength to finish for my team and my country. I could have easily given up, but for the RED WHITE & BLUE I WAS WILLING TO DO ANYTHING TO WIN!

This has been an amazing season, and I am sad that it is coming to an end in this fashion. I wish my teammates the best as the continue to compete! This setback will only make me even more hungry for next season, so until that time comes... #FaithFocusFinish

Keith Conning: This has got to be one of the best Olympic track stories of all time.

No comments: