Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Erickson calls world's hay capital home

JH: How has it been to have Derek Miles as a coach?

EE: Last year, I can remember coming into practice one of the first times and he was there. He was working sprint drills with us and he pulled me back and he said, “No Emma, that’s not right.” I remember turning around and saying to the girls, “He knows my name!”

JH: You recently ran the 800-meter race in the John Dalton Open against the men. How did that happen?

EE: (Laughs) I really didn’t want to do it. I really pushed not to do it. Lucky was the main culprit. I heard rumors that Derek Miles kind of gave him the idea. I went with it. It’s not something I really think, “Hey, I want to do that again,” but it was a good experience.

http://www.volanteonline.com/sports/1.1314776

Keith Conning: Derek Miles (Bella Vista High School, Fair Oaks; University of South Dakota 1996), was born in Sacramento, California on September 28, 1972.

No comments: