Friday, February 03, 2017

email from William B. Johnson

Keith
 
I saw that you have splits for Stanford for the Women’s DMR at Penn State National Invitational run on 1/27/17.  The 1200m time you have for Elise Cranny is 3:18.2.  I have read that Danae Rivers of Penn State was also under 3:19.  If this is correct, these are the two fastest indoor collegiate splits ever.  Based on my research, the only other times below 3:20 are 3:19.7 by Lucy Van Dalen of Stony Brook on 2/18/11 (details on page 13 of the attached file) and possibly 3:19.9 by Hannah Neczypor of Georgetown on 1/30/15 (below is a link to an article claiming 3:19.9, although after measuring her time in an online video I settled on 3:20.15)   Do you know what Rivers’ split was?  If not, do you know if video exists online of this race?
 
Thanks
 
William B. Johnson
==============================================
Keith Conning:  I don't know what Rivers' split was.  I don't know if there is a video of the race.  I got my splits for Stanford from the etrack newsletter, volume 16, No. 04, January 29, 2017.

Are you Colonel William B. Johnson?  I attended the U.S. Air Force Academy from 1960-1961, before transferring to Cal.
My son Andrew Scott Conning graduated from Georgetown in 1994.  He is now in a doctoral program at Harvard.

 

No comments: