Ajee’ Wilson smashes American indoor 800m record, earns USATF Athlete of the Week
- Oregon sprinter Hannah Cunliffe (Federal Way, Washington) ran a new collegiate indoor record in the 60m at the Don Kirby Elite Invitational (7.07), as well as a 22.60 200m.
- Tara Davis (Agoura, California) broke a 36-year-standing national record in the high school indoor long jump at the Dumanis Sports Group Prep Classic. Her jump of 21 feet, 11 inches bested the previous record of 21 feet, 7.5 inches.
- Jazmine Fray (Long Island, New York) set a new collegiate indoor record of 2:00.69 in the women’s 800m at Clemson’s Tiger Paw Invitational. The Texas A&M sophomore broke Nicole Cook’s previous record of 2:00.75 from 2005.
- South Dakota freshman Chris Nilsen (Kansas City, Missouri) is now ranked 11th in the world after breaking the 1997 indoor American Junior Record in the pole vault at Tyson Invitational (5.70).
- Courtney Okolo (Carrollton, Texas) shattered the American record in the women’s 500m at Millrose, winning in 1:07.34 to break Shana Cox’s seven-year-old mark of 1:08.70.
- Vernon Norwood (New Orleans, Louisiana) won the men’s 500m in 1:00.11 at Millrose, running the third-fastest indoor time and just 0.05 shy of the American record.
- Sammy Watson (Rush-Henrietta, New York) broke Mary Decker’s 1974 high school indoor record in the 800m at Millrose Games with a time of 2:01.78, besting the previous record by .02.