Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Hello from Joshua Tree National Park

Twentynine Palms, California

I attended the Foot Locker West Regional at Mt. SAC last Saturday.

It is a shame that Nike and Foot Locker have to compete against each other. It is significant that John and Donna Dye came to Mt. SAC instead of Portland.

Next Saturday I'm going to the Foot Locker National in San Diego.

This week I'm visiting Joshua Tree National Park in California.

There is a large Marine Corps Training Base just north of the National Park. The main drag has a number of stores offering Marine haircuts and tattoos.

In the grocery store I heard a teenage girl standing in front a flower display say to her mother: "Can we go to the cemetery to put some flowers on Papa's grave?"

At the Marine Corps Base there are homemade welcome home signs attached to the fence.

I'll be glad when the Iraq war is finally over.

No comments: