Friday, March 12, 2010

Day 1 Team USA morning quotes from Doha

Day 1 Team USA morning quotes from Doha


Debbie Dunn, women's 400m first round



"I stayed in the lines. It was a good race. I just wanted to go out thee and win my heat because I have to run again tonight."



DeeDee Trotter, women's 400m first round



"I was tying to take it easy because we have another round tonight. I'm confident that I got it. I let up at the finish though. I forgot that these girls were running for their lives, I was trying to conserve for tonight."



Cory Martin, men's shot put qualifying



"I'm a little disappointed with how I threw, but hopefully I can squeak into the final."



Bershawn Jackson, men's 400m first round



"It felt good but I am a little tired. I just had to get the first one done which is the hardest part. Now it is time to get ready for tonight."



Jamaal Torrance, men's 400m fist round



"It was alright. I felt a little sluggish but I will be good for tonight. The track here is pretty good."



Nick Symmonds, men's 800m first round



"Good, it felt really good. It was faster than I thought it would be."



Duane Solomon, men's 800m first round



"It's all right. I don't know. I don't know what happened in my race. Just have to try and make it up in the next round."



Derek Miles, men's pole vault qualifying



"It was long. The standards broke. That tends to happen a lot with these. It happened in Beijing and Helsinki too. You just have to get through it.



It was ok though. At my age, it's good to get two jumps and out. The less energy I can spend to get into the final the better. I'm very excited for tomorrow night.

About USA Track & Field

USA Track & Field (USATF) is the National Governing Body for track and field, long-distance running and race walking in the United States. USATF encompasses the world's oldest organized sports, some of the most-watched events of Olympic broadcasts, the #1 high school and junior high school participatory sport and more than 30 million adult runners in the United States.

For more information on USATF, visit www.usatf.org

No comments: